Create text file from report

Is there any easy way to create a plain text file from the contents of a report? This report would be a very simple report, with text only, of course. Using NF2.6. I know that with programming this is possible, but I was hoping that it was possible with the report writer. Thanks.

Really easy way of doing without programming: 1.- SaveAsHtml result of the report. 2.- open the .html file with word-excel 3.- save as .txt file programming: Open the file at the beginning: onPreSection of each section to be shown in the report IF (CurrReport.SHOWOUTPUT) THEN write to the file the data on that section (usually just a line). close the file at the end. Regards Alfonso Pertierra (Spain)apertierra@teleline.es

You could install the simple generic text printer driver, select that printer when printing, and print to a file. The resulting file should be a standard text file. Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner

Yup… the old method used on Navision 3.5x still works… (it’s decepting to notice how old i’m becoming when forgetting the old tricks… ) Regards Alfonso Pertierra (Spain)apertierra@teleline.es

You could also use a FILE variable. Set the YourFile.TEXTMODE := TRUE and use File.WRITE(‘Text1’+‘Text2’… etc. Getting a delimited file done is much simplier than a flat file, no need to create empty spaces, etc. Some pitfalls to look for: file name could already exist, it also needs to be valid. Alex