Create Financial Dimension

Halo evry1,

I want to assign financial dimension to Purchase Order.
Can any 1 give me the sample code?

Here is the code to get the financial dimensions of the current logged in users. You can set it to the PurchOrder’s financial dimention related field.

HcmEmployment::findByWorkerLegalEntity(HcmWorker::findByPerson(DirPersonUser::find(curUserId()).PersonParty).RecId,CompanyInfo::findDataArea(curext()).RecId).DefaultDimension

Thanks,
Abhishek

you can create new financial dimension by using wizard.

Tools → Development tools → wizards → financial dimension wizard. but your license should support to create more than 3 dimensions.

thanks abishek soni and ven…

Can anyone give me sample code to assign ledger account number to purchase order thru code?

Hi Misha,

Not sure what exactly do you mean by above. Please elaborate.

Hi Mohanbabu,
I want to post the purchase order. But i haven’t create financial dimension. So when i tried to post the purchase order error message appear because ledger account number is empty. The error message is like this :“One or more accounting distribution is missing a ledger account or contains a ledger account that is not valid. Use the Accounting distribution form or the Posting profile to update the ledger account”.
So i select ledger account manually to test whether posting can be done…, it is happened. Posting was successful. What i need to do is i want to make the ledger account to appear through code. What I suppose do now? Is it create financial dimension first or what?

Hi Misha,

Would highly recommend you to resolve the above error message first.

Anyway, where do you set up the ledger account manually? Can you tell us the path?

“One or more accounting distribution is missing a ledger …”- I solved this error already.
POLine> Financial >Accounting > Distribute Amounts