Counting Journal in Ax 2009

Hi All,

I have an query / issue with respect to Counting Journal in AX 2009

I have enabled Lock item during count check box in Inventory management parameters. Doing a cycle count for a Site “1”, during this process system prevents from making any receipts / issues for the Item which is been counted due to the above parameter.

Is there any way to prevent blocking from the System, so that I can make any receipts / issue for the same item which is been counted other than the Site “1”. Can i have achieve this?

Your inputs will be helpful to me.

Regards,

Satish EC

Yes you untick the parameter.

This allows you to process and relies on your working practices to segregate the movement from the count. So you run a count, the system suggests 10, you count 9, the system will remove 1, if you book in 10 and decide to include this you would be inflating your stock by 9 that are not there. The issue is with the on hand the system takes and you then adding to this physically and then including it in the count - counting procedures irrelevant of the system should in reality control this.

I dont want to remove the parameter in the Inventory, which will prevent inconsistency during cycle count.

I’m doing a cycle count for a Site “1” while doing cycle count system prevents any receipts / issues for the same item for any sites. I’m need to restrict only for the sites which cycle count have been started, so that i can make receipts / issue for the same item for any site other site “1” which is been counted in cycle count.

Can i do this in AX?

Regards,

Satish EC

Yes if you set it up by warehouse item. The counting started flag is by warhouse, if you do not have an individual warehouse item record for each then it sets it for all and this is the check.

Thanks Adam…

Regards,

Satish EC