Copying via Dataport: "Item No. does no exist"

Moin: I have created a dataport that is to copy the item table from one company to another. It works fine in a test system which is nearly identical with the working system except that it is about six weeks older. Using the same dataport in our working system I get the message “Item No. ‘123456789’ does not exist”. I agree whith this message but it´s just the aim of this dataport to import none-existent items to this company. The item and the dataport properties are all left to their default values except the fieldstart and the fieldend delimiter which is set to ‘@’ because some item descriptions contain the ". Any ideas what´s wrong? Regards Alarich

quote:

Originally posted by Alarich
Moin: Using the same dataport in our working system I get the message “Item No. ‘123456789’ does not exist”. I agree whith this message but it´s just the aim of this dataport to import none-existent items to this company. The item and the dataport properties are all left to their default values except the fieldstart and the fieldend delimiter which is set to ‘@’ because some item descriptions contain the ". Any ideas what´s wrong?

I think you should set the AutoSave property in the DataItem to Yes. Anna

Anna: Thank you for your input but AutoSave is already set to ‘Yes’. I don´t think that it´s the matter with the dataport because it works fine in the test system. It must be a parameter in the company but I have no idea which is it. Regards Alarich

If you are working on 3.10, then it’s possible that on dataport fields property CallFieldValidate is set to true by default. There was such a problem on older version of 3.10 (or maybe 3.01).

Hallo If you not only use the dataport to import non-exitent items, i meen you make changes in the code sectione on after get Record and then you must MODIFY; your changes in for each iteam. grüssle Gerd

Victoras: Thank you very much. Indeed property CallFieldValidate of all dataport fields had been set to true. After toggling this to false my dataport works like a snap. Regards Alarich