Copy/Paste in the editor / bug?

Hi, everytime I was working with copy & paste to replace lines in the editor I thougt this was my mistake. But now I think there is a bug! I mark three lines and choose copy: linea; lineb; linec; Then I mark line03 - line05 and choose paste: line00; line01; line02; line03; line04; line05; line06; line07; line08; The result is like the following: line00; line01; linea; lineb; linec; line02;[:(!] line06; line07; line08; Linea - linec are now before line2 even though line2 was not marked. Why? Is this a bug or am I wrong? Andre

Just tried it in a 2.60 and Attain 3.60 - same here… [B)] Bug!

It seems to be implemented like 1) Delete the marked lines (line03 - 05) 2) Now the current line is line02 3) Pasting is always done before the current line. I’m afraid it’s meant to be this way, even though it’s not really what you would expect [xx(]

This is a feature, has been since they introduced replace. Much like the Find replace feature that adds an extra line at the end of code, and the feature that selects the charachter BEFORE the one you select with the mouse. This features are slowly being removed, and being replaced with more user friendly features as we go along. [;)]

quote:

Originally posted by David Singleton
This is a feature, has been since they introduced replace. Much like the Find replace feature that adds an extra line at the end of code, and the feature that selects the charachter BEFORE the one you select with the mouse. This features are slowly being removed, and being replaced with more user friendly features as we go along. [;)]

rotfl Feature! I love that word! It’s like my mother telling me to “eat my dessert” to get me to eat my broccoli!

You know, a bug can always be turned into a feature by documenting it. [:p]