Copy a Company

I have to make copies of companies (including all company data) in a single database. Now I create a backup, rename the company and read the backup to the database. example: company “A” ist backupped company “A” renamed to “A1” Backup is read (now theres a comapny “A” again in db) company “A” renamed to “A2” etc. etc. The problem I got: Why is renaming a company sooo slow ? I can see how the objects are counted … (1 per second… on an AMD 1800+ with ATA 100 HDD and 256MB RAM) Does anybody why it’s so slow (it not the greatest database with about 500MB size and 100MB data for the company) or knows a better way ? Thanks in advance, Arno Pucher

Try running it on the server as a local connect with the DBMS set to as high as 70% of the available RAM (less operating system requirements). Make sure to change the DBMS back after you are done.

quote:

Originally posted by wbenefiel
Try running it on the server as a local connect with the DBMS set to as high as 70% of the available RAM (less operating system requirements). Make sure to change the DBMS back after you are done.

This is all done with a local database under Navision AT2.60…