Coping of Document format

Hi there, I would like to know if I could copy same document formats for diff tables say for expamle my Order confirmation, DO, Packing list and Invoice format is the same after I have doen the OC can I replace the talbles and coloumn. I know it is absurd. but if there is any way please let me know. thanks bangs

Yes, you can do this. It only works well if the field names are essentially similar for each of the tables involved. There are at least a couple of different approaches that I’ve used. You can copy the original report to a new name, change the data item name(s) to the new tables, then repetively compile and fix the name reference errors as the compiler points them out. I would save the report, uncompiled, between each step because sometimes the Navision compiler gets unhappy and just dumps you out without a chance to save what you’ve done. The other approach I’ve tried is to copy the Sections from the original report to a new report using standard Windows copy and paste, but this must be done one Section at a time. You will still have to deal with name changes and definition/calculation of global variables. My caution about saving work regularly applies here too. I prefer the first option I suggested. I haven’t tested what license level you need to have to do either of these. Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner

Dear David, Thanks a lot. Bye

Hi You can save the report as type text and make the changes to the table names there. A quck search and replace is all that is needed most of the time. If the fields don’t exist you get a reasonable error message to work out which field needs changing. I find you can change the tables a report uses in about half an hour. Paul Baxter Edited by - triff on 2002 Jan 04 18:20:42

Paul is correct. The only catch is that you have to have a developer license to export an object as text. Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner

Wow Paul, That was great. Yes I do have dev Licence. I will try it out Rgds