Control displacement

Client Enviroment: NT4.0 with Citrix Metaframe Problem: We are using a customized form for order entry. Posting it with F11 causes sometimes displacement of form controls. It seems as the client looses the logical form setting and places one control over the other. After this has happened all other forms are misplaced as well. Only after closing connection to TS and reconnecting the behaviour is normal. With a fast check we were not able to identify the problem neither to know what can cause it. We are using the visible property on fields in a Tablebox. Has somebody experienced a similar problem. Thanks in advance MF SY F Inova Q

First, I use Citrix frequently; however, I haven’t experienced this problem. However, out of curiosity I have some questions. What version of 1. Metaframe are you using? 2. Navision are you using? What hotfixes have been applied from Citrix?

We have never seen this kind of problem - not in over 2 years of using Navision 2.00D->2.6D/NT 3.51->TS4->W2K/Citrix MF 1.0->1.8 combinations. I’d have to say its a Windows/Citrix error rather than a Navision error. Perhaps there are some common control ocxs/dlls out of sync with other versions on the system. As Michael asks - what versions are you using and what servicepacks/hotfixes have been applied? Craig Bradney Technical Manager Navision Solutions & Services, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Email:cbradney@deloitte.com.au

quote:

Originally posted by mctester: First, I use Citrix frequently; however, I haven’t experienced this problem. However, out of curiosity I have some questions. What version of 1. Metaframe are you using? 2. Navision are you using? What hotfixes have been applied from Citrix?

Thanks for your reply. We are using NT 4.0 SP6a, language german Citrix Metaframe 1.8 SP2, language englisch NF Client 2.60b Since the effect happens only with one form there might be some relation to the NF Client too. However, sooner or later we will know what’s going on. It was helpful to know that this effect was unknown. Thanks Falk

Try to set form’s properties “SaveControlInfo”, “SaveValues”, “SavePosAndSize” to “No”.