Consolidation opportunities in AX2012

Hi guys,

I have gone through Consolidation opportunities in AX2012 and surprised as i didnt feel any value add with this consolidating opportunities and infact enabling it will put a stop to “Automatic PO creation” functionality.

As per my understanding, using the consolidation will just help consolidating the multiple PRs and get a good price from the supplier which can be done even through RFQ creation by clubbing the multiple PRs. ofcourse, this seems to be more procedural way than going through consolidation.

Can anyone share your thoughts on it.

Hi All ,

Even though i have configured the purchase policies as mentioned below.

Purchase order and demand consolidation rule - > Manual Purchase order creation - yes

• Demand Consolidation - Always allow demand consolidation.

The release approved purchase requisitions lines are not showing the Consolidation opportunities in AX2012 .

Did i miss any setup ?

Hi All ,

Even though i have configured the purchase policies as mentioned below.

Purchase order and demand consolidation rule - > Manual Purchase order creation - yes

• Demand Consolidation - Always allow demand consolidation.

The release approved purchase requisitions lines are coming to Consolidation opportunities in AX2012 , and i have selected the 3 purchase requistion lines that want to add to the consolidation opportunity. But from i need to create the one purchase order for the 3 lines . But the create purchase order button is not enabled in the Consolidation opportunities in AX2012 .

Did i miss any setup ?

Could any help me to resolve the above issue ?

Could any help me to resolve the above issue ?

You must close the consolidation opportunity before you can create a purchase order for the consolidation lines.

Thanks Kiran ,

What do you mean by close the consolidation opportunity ?

You close a consolidation opportunity when you have completed demand consolidation for the consolidation opportunity lines and are ready to generate a purchase order for the consolidation lines. When you close the consolidation opportunity, the status of the selected opportunity is changed to Closed. After a consolidation opportunity is closed, you cannot add purchase requisition lines to it.

The status of the consolidation opportunity is changed to Closed, the consolidation status of the consolidation opportunity is changed to Consolidated, and the Create purchase order button becomes available.

Thanks Kiran ,

it is working fine.

In which business scenerio i need to use the consolidation opportunity ?