consignment (memo) orders

i need advice on how to create this complex Consignment order in navision. what is consignment? instead of selling an item to a customer we would send it to them and they would keep it in their showcase untill its sold, and we then invoice the customer for that item. we can send a whole package on consignment to a customer but they will sell one at a time which means i will need to invoice it one at a time. we need it to work as a regular order and ship via E-Ship, we need to be able to process a return even if it wasnt invoiced. the inventory should show that this item is on consignmet and it shouldnt show as if its on hand, but in inventory valuation it needs to show as our owned inventory.

could this be acheived by using a different location. move the consignment stock to a second location, and then with you could raise sales orders (from a blanket order) to invoice for the sales. The stock remains on your system, however, as its not in your standard location(s) this should not be confused with stock at your site. for the return orders, you can the do a transfer or return order back to your standard locations

but then i cant use e-ship to transfer from one location to another.

quote:

i need advice on how to create this complex Consignment order in navision. what is consignment? instead of selling an item to a customer we would send it to them and they would keep it in their showcase untill its sold, and we then invoice the customer for that item. we can send a whole package on consignment to a customer but they will sell one at a time which means i will need to invoice it one at a time. we need it to work as a regular order and ship via E-Ship, we need to be able to process a return even if it wasnt invoiced. the inventory should show that this item is on consignmet and it shouldnt show as if its on hand, but in inventory valuation it needs to show as our owned inventory.
Originally posted by bernbird - 2005 Apr 19 : 21:53:38

I have a customer who does something similar. It is a small company so maybe the adopted solution might be too simple, but here it is: They ship the order normally and then use the “Get Shipment Lines” function in the Sales Invoice form to invoice the sold quantities every time the customer notifies that a sale has happened; they obviously change the “Quantity to Invoice” before posting. I have made a report which prints the shipped but not invoiced quantities grouped by Customer and Item and they use that as a sort of “Outher Store Inventory”. Anna