Connect AL on cloud sandbox

Hi All,

I want to connect AL code with Microsoft cloud sandbox. so how can connect with server,Server Instance,Authentication . I provided following information in app.json file…

pastedimage1528097079859v1.png

But I am getting error of The request for path /v1.0/sandbox/dev/packages?publisher=Microsoft&appName=Application&versionText=11.0.0.0 failed with code Unauthorized. Reason: Unauthorized.

Please give me some suggestion…

Thanks

As always, please remember to add a little more context to your questions! What did you try to do to solve this, BEFORE you posted the question???

Exactly when do you get this error? Can you share more of the messages in the output window? When downloading symbols, publishing?

According to the error message, then something is wrong with your permissions. Are you sure you are using the correct userid/password?

This might be a little bit rude… But quite often it seems to me that you ask questions without even trying to figure things out yourself?!

If you are a microsoft partner, and actually read the Microsoft information that is being shipped with the link of the Sandbox. Then you would easily know that you actually have to change the servername to whatever servername you are on at Azure…

If you don’t improve on your “prework, before question-asking” AND providing more information on what you have tried, what your goal is, what version etc. people will get tired and start to ignore your questions…

Hi Sir,

I have working on AL version 1.22.1 and signup with trial version of Dynamic Business Central with us country, So I have created a simple hello world Extension , So when I Download Symbol it will getting error…here I have not tried on local server , i want to connect directly ‘Microsoft cloud sandbox’.

here i have show error…

[2018-06-06 16:12:32.73] Authenticating…
[2018-06-06 16:12:37.51] Sending request to …businesscentral.dynamics.com
[2018-06-06 16:12:37.51] Sending request to …businesscentral.dynamics.com
[2018-06-06 16:12:54.87] The request for path /v1.0/sandbox/dev/packages?publisher=Microsoft&appName=Application&versionText=13.0.0.0 failed with code BadRequest. Reason: Bad Request
[2018-06-06 16:12:55.07] The request for path /v1.0/sandbox/dev/packages?publisher=Microsoft&appName=System&versionText=13.0.0.0 failed with code BadRequest. Reason: Bad Request
[2018-06-06 16:12:55.07] Could not download reference symbols. Please ensure that:

1. The correct server name and instance are specified in the launch.json file.
  2. The correct application version is specified in the app.json file.

here how to give server name and instance when I connect with Microsoft cloud sandbox.

Thanks

READ my post below… Your connectionstring needs to be changed. the businesscentral.dynamics.com is an EXAMPLE! You have to change it to your OWN Sandbox.

The Errormessage tells you exactly what is wrong:

1. The correct server name and instance are specified in the launch.json file.

Doing development with BC is VERY much different from ordinary C/AL code (hence the namechange to AL) so EITHER you have to watch a hell of a lot of videos on youtube or join a training class to understand the differencs and do the development the right way.