configuring Jet Express for Native database server

I am new for Jet Reports and i want to configur the jet express into the client machine where they use Native Nav database server?? i am really confused what shall i place in the "server " field of Datasource settings. when i place the ip of the server , the company doesnot appear and i cant configure the jet express …

can anyone help in this issue.???

Suman Maharjan

Hi Suman,

This website has information about configuring Jet Express that may help to answer your question.

http://jetexpress.jetreports.com/en/index.php

Rob

Do we need any license file for the jet express?? i think jet express is free??

Hi Suman,

Following link will help you configuring the JET express on you machine.

http://nav.dk/files/Jet_Reports_Help.pdf

Hi Suman,

Jet Express is free and a license file is not required. The paid versions which require licenses are Jet Essentials and Jet Enterprise. The manual that Amol has posted is for Jet Essentials, so some of the details in that document do not apply to Jet Express as most of the advanced formulas and functionality are not supported by Jet Express.

Rob

Thanks Rob for the reply but i am getting some configuration problem in the client computer. do we need to install the jEt express in the server as well to get access of the database in the server.??? can i get some blogs or anything that clears my idea while configuring the jet express in the NAV database server?? I donot have problem while configuring it in the SQL server and local database.

Thanks Rob for the reply but i am getting some configuration problem in the client computer. do we need to install the jEt express in the server as well to get access of the database in the server.??? can i get some blogs or anything that clears my idea while configuring the jet express in the NAV database server?? I donot have problem while configuring it in the SQL server and local database.

Are you getting any error message?

No Error message but when i select the nav database server and keep the IP address available from the NAV database information, i have no choice to select the company. this problem doesn’t arise when i configure it from sql server and local database.