Conditional display on report

I’m a begginer working with Navision reporting, and I was wondering about something. On one of my reports (a custom report), I want to conditionally display data and a text box. For example, there is an optional field for a date in the table, and if it is filled in, I want it to display the date on the report, and if it isn’t, then I don’t want it to. This applies to the text that actually says “EOD Date.” I couldn’t easily see how this could be done. TIA

Here are a couple ways to deal with this. Create two sections that are identical except for the conditional data - one section has it, the other doesn’t. Then in the OnPreSection trigger for each of these sections use CurrReport.SHOWOUTPUT to control the printing of the sections. Create a global variable and make it the source expression for the text box. The global can then be set to a blank or other value in some code (probably the OnAfterGetRecord trigger).

Just as Jack says Trigger 1. Show if Date is Input OnPreSection() CurrReport.SHOWOUTPUT(“EOD Date” <> 0D); 2. Show if Date is NOT Input OnPreSection() CurrReport.SHOWOUTPUT(“EOD Date” = 0D); 3. Show if EOD Date is Less than Workdate OnPreSection() CurrReport.SHOWOUTPUT(“EOD Date” < WORKDATE); 3. Show if EOD Date is Greater than Workdate OnPreSection() CurrReport.SHOWOUTPUT(“EOD Date” >= WORKDATE); Etc: Have Fun! David Cox email: david@mindsource.co.uk