Computed Field: how?

Moin: I think that´s an easy question for the NAVISION expert: Assumed there is a table that has two columns price a price b There should be a third column “difference” that displays the difference between “price a” and “price b”. I thought that could be done by a flowfield but the calcformula doesnt´t help. Any ideas? Thank you in advance Uwe Uwe Wenk Systemadministrator DEKOM Kommunikations- und Mediensysteme GmbH Hoheluftchaussee 108 20253 Hamburg ------------------------------------------ fon: 040-47106173 fax: 040-47106222

1/ Create a function called UpdateDifference Difference := “price a” - “price b” 2/ Call this function on the OnValidate() trigger of “price a” and “price b” I’m assuming that “price a” and “price b” are user entered as opposed as flowfields tarek_demiati@ureach.com

In the form create control with sourceExp = a-b.

Instead of creating a third field in the table, you could just create a function in the table that returns the value of the difference between the two stored fields. Example: Function returns a decimal. Difference() : Decimal exit(rec.“price a” - rec.“price b”); Then anytime you need the calculated “field” just move to the record you need and call the function. Or if this is on a form that has the table as the sourceTable, just add a control with the function as the source expression and it will change as you scroll through the records. Keith Reichert