Completely Invoiced Positive Adjustment

I have a case where an Positive Adjustment Item Journal was posted to put Item X123 into stock into Location1. Then, it was transferred from Location1 to Location2 via the In-Transit location. The Item Ledger Entry for the Posted Transfer Shipment (negative, out of Location1) is not getting marked as “Completely Invoiced” because the Positive Adjustment to which it was applied is not getting marked as “Completely Invoiced.” So, my question: how do I mark the original Positive Adjustment for item X123 as “Completely Invoiced”?

Hi Josh What version are you running? If I book an item in with no ledger entries the positive adjustment is marked as completely invoiced. I will presume you had other transactions? So if we reverse the question - what scenario existed to make the positive adjustment not completely invoiced? There were issues with dates previously where the stock comes out prior to the stock actually being there meaning the outbound transaction remains open, so you may want to consider this!

My version is 3.60. Automatic and Expected cost posting are both enabled. All transactions leading up to this positive adjustment are marked as Completely Invoiced. The scenario is this: we use Standard Cost and update our costs once per year. The last time we updated costs, the Revaluation Journal was causing all kinds of grief. So, we decided to write down inventory at the old cost, update the costs and write inventory back up at the new cost. The write down transaction (Neg. Adjustment - of course) is marked as Completely Invoiced. The write-up transaction (Positive Adjustment) is not. Which is, as you can imagine, causing all transactions related to that Pos. Adjustment to not be marked as Completely Invoiced.

Ok…so i did a cursory look at the transactions from the write down / write up. All of the write-down transactions ARE MARKED as Completely Invoiced. All of the write-up transactions ARE NOT MARKED as Completely Invoiced. I really don’t understand what caused this…

Hi Josh No idea how you get a positive transaction in as NOT completely invoiced, I have turned off automatic posting, I have turned it on. I have also searched the partnerguide for this issue and found none. I can set the inventory negative, book in the positive prior to the negative transaction and it is still completely invoiced. What happens if you process a positive adjustment now - is it “still” set to not be completely invoiced?

No…when I book positive adjustments now, it seems to be fine… I’m at a loss as to how to correct this…

Hi If you book a negative adjustment on the day of the positive adjustment and for the same quantity is the negative adjustment fully invoiced? and what happens to the positive adjustment - anything?

Yes. Posting a negative adjustment on the same day as the positive adjustment sets the transaction to completely invoiced. Is there any kind of process in Navision that will let me clean up this obviously incorrect entries? Adjust Cost - Item Entries seems to be ignoring them…

quote:

…The scenario is this: we use Standard Cost and update our costs once per year. The last time we updated costs, the Revaluation Journal was causing all kinds of grief. So, we decided to write down inventory at the old cost, update the costs and write inventory back up at the new cost. The write down transaction (Neg. Adjustment - of course) is marked as Completely Invoiced. The write-up transaction (Positive Adjustment) is not. Which is, as you can imagine, causing all transactions related to that Pos. Adjustment to not be marked as Completely Invoiced…

Stupid question, but what is the quantity invoiced on the positive adjustments? Since you probably used code to create them, a mistake in the code could cause these lines not to be invoiced. If you are satisifed that the costs are correct on these and the transactions are correct, then you can just manually set the completely invoiced flag (with the correct license).

That is the problem. The Quantity Invoiced on the Postitive Adjustments is 0. My license doesn’t permit me to modiy those records…are there any other options?

quote:

Is there any kind of process in Navision that will let me clean up this obviously incorrect entries? Adjust Cost - Item Entries seems to be ignoring them…

I am afraid not. [Duh!] If the negative adjustment and positive adjustment corrects the inventory and the flags you may need to consider doing this - although I guess you will have a lot of transactions from your description. What worries me is why and how the positive adjustment went through in this manner. I presume there was no automation of this process and that the stock corrections were done manually?

quote:

That is the problem. The Quantity Invoiced on the Postitive Adjustments is 0. My license doesn’t permit me to modiy those records…are there any other options?
Originally posted by joshplummer - 2005 Nov 22 : 21:05:32

I think this is a sign that these were done via code rather than manually. The bottom line is that you need to post the corresponding Item Journal Lines which invoice the erronious entries. This requires entries to be done via code as it is impossible to break the quantity/quantity to invoice link on the Item Journal Form. The semi good news is that you can do this with a Report Designer License. The bad news is that if you don’t know which fields to populate, you can make things worse. I would highly recommend that you get your NSC to write this report.

The report to create correcting Item Journal entries is something I’ve thought about…but, as you said, I don’t have a clear idea of what fields need to be filled out. I have plenty of test environments, so I have latitute when it comes to testing out the journals. What exactly do I need to do to post the invoicing entries to these “un-invoiced” entries? Will I need to apply the “Invoicing” entry to the “Un-Invoiced” entry?

I believe I have found a way to create the value postings I need…I am going to try en-mass and post an update to the forum with results…thanks for everyone’s help so far.