Commet Line

I need to add a commet line on check stubs. What is the best way to modify the report.

Depends David 1. How much Traing have you had on reports? 2. Does the Comment Field Exist on each Record, or is it a Static Comment? If it is Static then you only need to design the report a place on a label! If the field already exists then Design and Add the Field! If you are fairly sure of your way around Navision, your NSC might talk you through the process as support, if they feel that the training you have had, brings you up to the required standard! Mr David Cox MindSource (UK) Limited Navision Solutions Partner Email: david@mindsource.co.uk Web: www.mindsource.co.uk

Hi David I do have the comment field set up on the table in the purchase header and in the Purchases & Payables on invoices. Where the problem is that I do not know how to place the field in report. The only traning on c/side I have is from the demo’s. I do not think the static comment will work. On the check stub I need a comment per invoice.

Hi David This is not an easy one The payment Journal will not have your comment You would have to make your Journal 1 line per Document I am afraid it is not Practical to do it from the Document The best way would be for you to ask your NSC to add a field to the “Gen. Journal Line Table” this would have to be filled in on the Journal Line by Line! Then add this field to your Cheque Report. I would strongly reccomend you have 2-3 Days One to One Report Training with your NSC. Decide on two reports you want to produce, then base the training around creating these reports. If you then deduct what you would have paid your NSC for the Two Reports from the cost of Training it’s not so bad! If yours is a new Installation you may have days which could be used for this work! Mr David Cox MindSource (UK) Limited Navision Solutions Partner Email: david@mindsource.co.uk Web: www.mindsource.co.uk

Hi David Thanks for the information. That would be a great way to get some more training. Do you know if Navision has any books on this subject?

Only the C/Side Manual Not enough users for a “Navision Unleased” yet Or a “Navision in 21 Days” Mr David Cox MindSource (UK) Limited Navision Solutions Partner Email: david@mindsource.co.uk Web: www.mindsource.co.uk

Sorry, I was off-line for a few days with a computer virus. The Love bug hit me with a joke on the subject line. It was not funny. It would be nice to have “Navision in 21 Days” or “Navision for the Controller”. It will take time for me to learn Navision but it is more fun then a funny virus. Thanks David