Comment icons, like on the customer card

I want to include comment icons in my own forms, like the ones used by standard Navision for customers and vendors. [:)] I can see how the table links work, but [?] cannot understand how the appearance of the icon (pencil) is obtained, or how you get the icon to change (to lines & downward pencil) when some comments are written. Does anyone know?

Hi Andy, cool question [8D]! The solution: Try to resize the button. Behind this button is a picturebox with bitmaplist 6,7. Read the online-help. You will understand this. This is learning by testing for me again![;)] bye Andre

Hi Andre, [8D]Yeah - a really sneeky way to hide the bitmap! But I can’t see what causes the picture box to be set to bitmap 6 or 7. The source expression id ‘Comment’, but I can’t see a variable called Comment anywhere.[?] Andy

Hello Andy, If you look at the table you are attaching the comments to, say the Customer table, you will see that there is a field called “Comment”. This is the source expression you require. If you look at the comment field properties in the customer table, you will see that this is a flowfield looking down into the Comment Line table (T97), where the Comment Type is customer & the No. field matches the customer no. If the Comment field can see a Comment Line with those criteria, then Comment is True and the right icon is displayed. I hope this is of assistance.

Hi Edward

quote:

Originally posted by EBloom
If the Comment field can see a Comment Line with those criteria, then Comment is True and the right icon is displayed.

Am I right if I say the first number (here 7) is for FALSE and second (here 6) is for TRUE? Where is the connection between 7 and FALSE? Andre

quote:

Originally posted by Andre DDB
Am I right if I say the first number (here 7) is for FALSE and second (here 6) is for TRUE? Where is the connection between 7 and FALSE?

Brief rundown on the PictureBox control. BitmapList is the property where you set your list of images, be they the integrated Navision images stored in the database (somewhere, I dunno where, I looked grin) or bitmaps of your own creation stored on your drive somewhere. You may have as many different images in your list as you have conditions. SourceExpr is the property we are all most familiar with. In the example above, we are using the Comment field from the Customer table, which is boolean (true or false). The false condition results in the first item in the BitmapList being displayed. True switches to the second. This can also be used for an Option type field, where you have as many images in your BitmapList as you do options, and each option, in order, in your source expression will relate to a single bitmap image in the same order they are entered into the list.

Kristopher: Thank you! bye Andre

Hi everyone! [:)]Many thanks for all your comments! I now understand the full picture (ha ha …) and would never have found it that fast myself. Cheers, Andy