Combo box problem

Hi All,

I am doing a customisation, where there is a combo box on a form which shows a particular set of integer values based on some calculation.The value which the user selects in the combo needs to be stored in an integer field in the table.I am not able to bind this table field to the combo because only the enum id gets stored in the table and not the value which the user selects.For eg, if the combo has the values 24,65,78,43 and if the user selects 65, the value 2 is getting stored and not 65.Kindly advise.

Regards,

Gaya3

You use ComboBox.selection(), I guess. What if you try valueStr()?

Another option is to remember the mapping when you’re adding values to the combobox. When you get an index, you’ll just look to the map to get the value it represents.

Hi Martin,

Thank you so much…I tried and its storing up in table as user defined value and not enum value…but how to display this in the form? When I save a value,close the form and again open it, the field shows up blank :frowning:

Regards,

Gaya3

Could you give us more details?

What do you have in database? An integer value? Is it really saved in database? How do you display it? In an IntControl?

Hi,

The field is integer field in database…it needs to be displayed as a combo in the form using certain conditions…

Regards,

Gayathri

Hi,

I have to give a combo box control, using which the user will select a value from the drop down list.This drop down will contain some integer values based on certain conditions in the form.For eg, if the combo shows up 15,22,29,35,42 and the user picks up 29.This will be stored as integer in the database.Since it is a combo in the form, I am not sure about how to display this 29 at the form level.

Regards,

Gaya3