Cleanup Database log

Next performance question. I’m currently cleaning up the database log, simply removing entries from January 2005. It started saying: “apr. 4 minutes left”. We’re 60 minutes later and its still running. It can’t be that hard to delete some records from this table? (We’re logging only modifications in the salesTable and the ProjTable…) Any suggestions how to speed this process? Thanks, Geuko Rooseboom DECOPROJEKT BV

In our experience cleaning up the database log using Axapta is terribly slow. We delete our old records using sql server.

Hi Geuko, I have never seen this before. Can you let us know following please - - the version of Axapta - when do you run the log cleaning & - details of modification in SalesTable and ProjTable Thanks, Harish Mohanbabu

quote:

In our experience cleaning up the database log using Axapta is terribly slow. We delete our old records using sql server.
Originally posted by AW_Cal - 2005 Aug 30 : 18:03:19

Well we truncated our databsae because of our sysdatabaselog table is 26 GB and we could not handle of deleting the table.We tried to truncate table but then we had recid problem.I wonder how can you delete log from sql without having recid problem ??

Can you elaborate on the recid problems you are experiencing?

Is the sysDatabaselog the only table? or are there any relations to other tables? Thank, Geuko Rooseboom

quote:

Originally posted by AW_Cal - 2005 Aug 30 : 18:03:19