Cheque No in Account Payable....

I am paying to vendor through Accounts Payable module… Also generated the cheque No. through the bank from which the payment is made…though the check Number field is Blank while making Payments… Check numbers are not generated automatically through system…

Is there any other setup required for generating Cheque No…?

Hi,

Have you created checks for the banks? Checks needs to be created for individual vbank accounts if the check setup is done as fixed.

Pranav…

Yes

I have already created Cheque for the same Bank… As well also attach the Cheque Payment Method…

Regards,

Jinesh Shah

Jinesh,

did you generate the check by going to Functions>Generate payments in paymentjournals…? did u see the check printed on to your screen?

If you generated the check in above process u will see the payment status updated to “Sent”, then only u can see the check number field updated with generated “check number”.

Make sure that th bank account in journal offset account field and when u click Functions>Generate payments, u will find another bank account field…make sure both are given same.

I have tried as per your suggested matter…

But still cheque no. not coming automatically…

Regards,

Jinesh Shah

What is the setup for check number method? Is it free or fixed.

If it is free, you have to specify check number manually at the time of check generation and if it is fixed, make sure you have generated checks and you select one from the dropdown.

Pranav…

Thanks…

Issue cleared…