Check number must be filled in for voucher

Hi all

I am facing the following error when trying to make a payment through check. I am unable to find a place to enter check number.

any help is highly appreciated.

Regards

Artata

The most probable cause of error is that you have selected method of payment check on journal line, in the method of payment check number is mandatory and you are posting journal without using generate payment functionality.

Check the above points for what you have missed and let us know.

Pranav…

Hi pranav

Thanks for your reply

I am missing generate payments step.but when i select this option it gives the following error

“An export format or a method of payment with an export format must be specified”

Kindly help me out

Regards

Artata

In the method of payment, you need to select the export format. There is a tab for export format and select check there from the dropdown.

Also, i hope you have completed the setup part on the bank.

Pranav…

Hi Pranav,

That issue was resolved successfully. Now it shows error as " the file name is missing"

Regards

Artata

Hi Pranav

Plz reply me and help me

Regards

Artata

Hi Artata,

I thought your issue is resolved. Anyway, when are you getting the error? Have you selected the export format in the method of payment.

Pranav…

Hi Pranav

My that issue was resolved. Now i am facing the error as " The file name is missing"

On what action are you getting this error?

Hi pranav Good Morning!

I am facing the error in generate payment option. When i click ok after selecting the required criteria the error appear as " file name is not specified"

Regards

Artata

Hi Artata,

On the generate check form, click on Dialog button. Further click on Document button. Another screen will open where we define how the check will be generated, like screen, printer, email. There is option for file also and i think that is probably causing the error. Select Screen there and then click on Ok on further forms.

If the error still comes, then please share the screenshot of the generate payment screen.

Pranav…

Hi Pranav

That issue has been resolved but the main error is still there. generate payment option has been completed successfully. When i post the journal it shows the same error “Check number must be filled in for voucher”

Regards

Artata

Hi Artata,

Verify the ‘check number method’ using in check layout form.

Regards,