Chart of Accounts

Hi

I am having problem on my chart of accounts, it does not show the total value of my sub accounts. My structure is like this.

Raw Materials End-Total

Raw Mats A Posting 5000

Raw Mats B Posting 6000

Raw Mats C Posting 5000

Raw Materials Begin-Total

*Supposedly the end-total will appear as 16000, but on my chart of accounts there appears no value at all. Or is this kind of structure is possible for my chart of accounts. I understand based on the Cronus database the begin-total should be on top and end-total should be at the bottom. But this time I reversed their position.

Please help. Thank you!

Hi,

What is the value in “Totalling” field in the line having "Raw Materials End-Total " values?

You need to define the “Totalling” in a record having Account Type as “End-Total”

In the End - total row you must mention in the Totaling column the Gl Accounts you need to get added. Like Raw material 1…Raw material 3, but you would use the corresponding GL account , not the description.

Thanks for reply, yes given that I’ve already define the Totalling. It still doesnt show up. on the Totalling I take up Raw Materials Begin…Raw Materials End.

Hi,

As suggested by IMRAN "Like Raw material 1…Raw material 3, but you would use the corresponding GL account , not the description. ", you should use the “No.” field in Totalling, for example 100…200, which means it will take sum of all accounts in the range of 100 to 200.

What are “No.” values in your case?

In case it doesn’t help, then please post the scree shot of your Chart Of Accounts form.

Hi,

I am unable to paste my screen shot. Where can i attached it?

Hi,

On the top of text editor, Use the Green Color button (Insert Media, which is third on the left side of SCISSOR symbol) for attachments.5481.DUG.bmp (106 KB)

1030.Doc1.doc (30.5 KB)

Hi

Kindly see attached.

Thank you

6471.DUG.docx (21.2 KB)

Please check attached file.

Imran already answered in his post, that is one solution with Begin Total - End Total.

If you want to put totaling line ABOVE the details, you may use Acc.Type=Total with appropriate account range in Totaling field.

12300 IT expenses Total 12310…12390

12310 Workstation PCs Posting
12320 Servers & net equipment Posting
12330 Software licenses Posting

12400 … next Total 12410…12490

Hi Modris,

Here’s wat I did. Please see attached. Did I miss something else? Nothing reflects on the total.

Thank you3823.Doc2.doc (32.5 KB)

In Totaling field you have set from-value “bigger” than to-value.

Look at what order accounts are sorted - in the same order, from smallest to largest you must set range in Totaling field.
You may check it, setting the same in F7-Filter for Account No field - if list is empty, you have done it wrong.

Hi Modris

You are correct. List is empty. What is your suggestion? This is how I want to set up my chart of accounts. Totals would be above the sub accounts. Would you be able to provide me a screenshot of your idea?

Thanks for usual assistance,

Put the Totals below the sub-account, and select Account Type End Total for the Totals Account, you will get the figures.

cheers

hello thanks Rajib

Yeah it was the first setup I made i get the figures. My question now, is it possible in NAV to put Totals or End-Totals at the top of the subaccounts? It is now what i am working out.

why not just read Modris’s post above? what is the point of him explaining it to you again? His posts above are very clear.

Please look carefully once more at my previous answer with “coloured” sample.

To rephrase it - Total and Begin Total-End Total are two different methods.

You can mix them in one COA, but you must follow the rules.

Begin Total - End Total must be always in pairs (nesting is allowed), and BT is ALWAYS FIRST, and must have a matching ET later - they are even named Begin and End to put it straight & clear. (you did vice versa in your sample [*-)] )

Total is standalone, it doesn’t have a pair marking the end of group. This can be used as you want - you can put it on top of subaccs, actually, you can put it whereever you want. What will be summed. depends on Tatalling field - here you set up RANGE of accounts. Again, first must be SMALLER value , then BIGGER. You again did vice versa, WHY?

Its so logical to write “123000…123999” which means “from 123000 to 123999, inclusively”… If you write “123999…123000”, scope is empty, so you get no results, applying such filter.
Test your filtering settings in F7 filter - you said you did it, no results, but have you tried to swap the two values? [:@]