changing users through sql server management studio

hi,

We changed our domain and now i have some troubles to log in to the nav2009 databases. We are using windows authentication.

The problem is that all users in NAV are registered as domain users what means that they are registered as folows:

Domain\username

Now that domainname has changed. In SQL server management all users are correctly changed but when I log in to NAV classic client I have no user registered in the correct domain (even not the administrator!).

When logging in with administrator, i can connect to the server and see all databases available (so this means connection to SQL is granted) but when selecting a database, i get the folowing error:

“The user ID and password are invalid. Try again.”

Is there a possibility to modify a user directly into the sql database without a connecting to NAV first?

thanks for any suggestions because this is a very annoying issue, as you can probably imagine…

Pieter-Jan

Hi Pieter-Jan,

I have done it with Db authentication without problem , so I suspect you can do it too with SQL authentication too .

You need to look table windows login, but this contains the SID , so you need to look it up with some resource kit tools.

cheers,

Gabor

Thanks! This problem is solved now!

I’ve found the new SID in my registry files and added it to the windows login table in sql server mgmt studio, there still was a second table ( Windows Access Control) where i had to change my SID. Now when these two tables were changed, I could log in and change all other user so they also could log in to the databeses.