Changing underlying records

Hello all, I got a little problem, I want to create a subform that is able to change the underlying records from a line in a Form. However, if i do so and change a record from which the line is made up, I get an error when I return to the main form that the data was changed by another user. Is there any other way to do this? Thanks for your time, Kind Regards, Robin van den Boom

Hi Robin! I’ve done this too. I have a modification in for Sales documents that when a user makes modifications or additions, there are 3 fields in the Sales Header that get updated with the UserID and the Date & Time. My problem that I ran into was updating the Header from the Lines. The best way I found to do this is to run all the modification code from the Triggers in the tables, not from Forms! I have the “OnInsert” and “OnModify” triggers in the Sales Line table that will reference a Global “SalesHeader” variable and make the modifications there. This seems to work best. Regards! Kristopher Webb Kelar Corporation, Canada