change shipment date

Is there a way in Navision to find which user may have cahneg shipment date on a order? If so how?

Well i don’t know your used version, but in ours you only can see the last user(and date) who changed any field in the whole record. Wich means if user A changes the shipment date,and after that User B changes a different filed, so you will only see user B, without knowing wich filed he has changed. As i saw at the Cebit in 3.6 you can define a logging, to see wich user has enterd(or changed) a value in a table(wher it is defineable wich filed are watched). When your used Navision Version does not suppot such a feature, you need implement it on your own (If you have a developer licence) Hope it helps

I remember being offered a Granual that kept track of every change, who did it and when. I don’t think most people purchased this Granual. Just imaging how much data would be stored if it kept track of every change. But I would used the Tools → Zoom feature. The scroll down to user id. Maybe this will help a bit.

We’ve developed that kind of granule and i can assure you that lots of people have bought it… The thing is that you can setup what things you’re interested on keep track of and has also a lock feature that allows you to lock fields so you can set what users cannot change them. The good thing about logs is that you have also options for deleting old data… you’re not having to keep it for years and years… [;)] Regards,

In 3.60 in g/l setup you can activate and define a change log. I.e. log the insertion, deletion or modification for any table for all or specific fields. The change log gives you the date, time, user id, field(s), old value and new value.

Unfortunately this ‘change log’ functionality only works on basic data, not on orders.

Hi Willy You can set the change log up to capture all insertions, modifications and deletions on the sales header and line table giving you full auditability for the order - certainly the ability to see who altered the shipment date. Could you clarify your statement?

quote:

Unfortunately this ‘change log’ functionality only works on basic data, not on orders

quote:

Originally posted by SBWEAVER
Hi Willy You can set the change log up to capture all insertions, modifications and deletions on the sales header and line table giving you full auditability for the order - certainly the ability to see who altered the shipment date. Could you clarify your statement?

quote:

Unfortunately this ‘change log’ functionality only works on basic data, not on orders

Mhmm … in my NA 3.60 database CU 423, Change Log Management is launched only by Table 37 and 39 (function UpdateVATOnLines) and by CU 103, 113 (Cust. Entry-Edit, Vend. Entry-Edit) [?] I was just trying to discover why I couldn’t get any change traced but from the aboevesaid objects. That’s why! [:0] Judging from your posts, it would seem that each local version uses the feature in its own way. Anyway, with a little study, should not be so difficult to extend it to the objects one wants to watch … I hope! [:D] Anna

Hi Anna Is that from a demonstration company? If it is on your full license it covers all of the tables. From GL set-up select change log set-up and then activate it and then select set-u pand tables, you then have three columns “Log Insertion”, “Log Modification” and “Log Deletion”. For each of these you select blank, some fields or all fields. Blank records nothing, some fields means you have to define the fields you want to log and all fields does all fields. This will include any modified (additional) tables and fields. I hope this helps.

quote:

Originally posted by SBWEAVER
Hi Anna Is that from a demonstration company?

No, it is not. It’s full license and today it works! [:I] Please, don’t ask what I was looking at yesterday. I think I’ll never know myself. [:D] Thank you Anna