Change field label in Customer Account detail form

Hello,

I need to preface this by stating that I’m not a developer, but am attempting to gain the skill to do minor developmental tasks in our environment.

I’ve been asked to change two field names in the Customer detail form, under the Sales demographics section (Sales and marketing - Common - Customers - All Customers, double-click on a customer entry to open the form).

The owner of the company would like to change the ‘Segment’ and ‘Subsegment’ field names (to ‘Type of catalog’ and ‘number of catalogs’ to better reflect how our customer service team wishes to use this field).

I believe the proper terminology for what I’m trying to change might be labels… I need to modify what’s displayed on the actual GUI/form. The underlying table names can remain the same.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer.

Scott

Yes, Scott, if you go to the AX form of [CustTable] > [Design] >[Tab:tab] >[Tabpage:TabpageDetials] >[Tab:tabHeader]>[Tabpage:tabSalesDemographics]> [Group:Segment] , you will see the 2 fields. But they are using the fields from [CustTable], which ultimately using the label configured for the EDT of [smmSegmentId] and [smmSubsegmentId], the labels are with EDT. If you want to override, you can do it on the fields at [Group:Segment] on the form, go for the property ‘Label’, fill the desired wording there.

Thanks for the help, Kwen! I understand the first part, and can locate the fields in the AOT. I have a couple of questions to help me clarify what you are saying though…

You states that the labels are with EDT (extended data type, correct?)… what exactly does that mean?

After that, you wrote that I can override the label for the fields at [Group:Segment] on the form by filling in the desired label for the field on it’s property sheet. As I look at Group:Segment’s properties, I don’t see a label property (just label font properties). There is, however, a 'StringEdit:CustTable_SegmentID(sys) entry below [Group:Segment], and on it’s property sheet I see a blank property field called ‘label’. Is this what you were referencing?

You states that the labels are with EDT (extended data type, correct?)… what exactly does that mean? ----- Answer: I mean, the wording you are seeing is coming from EDT(extended data type). If you go to the Table of [CustTable], find the field [CustTable].[SegmentId],in its property sheet, you will find the corresponding EDT as this shows: screencast.com/…/mDTXRdNZk.

however, a 'StringEdit:CustTable_SegmentID(sys) entry below [Group:Segment], and on it’s property sheet I see a blank property field called ‘label’. Is this what you were referencing? ---- Yes, at “StringEdit:CustTable_SegmentID(sys)” is the place you can override. Get a test box and try it, you will see how it goes!

For the 1st question, after you find the EDT name, find them on the AOT, in their property sheet, you can find the Label values for them, like this shows: screencast.com/…/SD5MmK3krPX We don’t want to change that, as EDT could be used for multiple tables, we can override the label value at table level, or at the Form level, in your case, it’s safer to do the override on the Form level, that’s what I put in my solution comment. Hope it helps!

Thanks so much for the explanation (and the screencast)… I really appreciate you taking the time to show that!