Change Backcolor during Runtime

Is there really no way to change the backcolor in the OnFormat-Trigger as you can change the forecolor using UPDATEFORECOLOR? Two commands being that close together with one of them forgotten? Thanks for reply! Peter

That’s right - no way. Any ideas how to convince Denmark it’s time for some serious updating of C/AL? Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner

It is possible but rather complicated. You need two label-fields and the textfield: All fields have the same size and position therefore lie on a stack. The first and lowest label-field (let’s call it lblYellow) has yellow fore- and background. On top of it you put lblWhite which has white fore- and background. On top of both fields you put your text-field and make sure to have the background transparent. In condition 1 you can see lblWhite through the transparent textfield therefore the background appears to be white. In condition 2 you set lblWhite.Visible := FALSE and through the transparent background of the textfield you can see lblYellow. With best regards from Switzerland Marcus Fabian

OK - not “no way”, just no easy way. Marcus right, Dave wrong. Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner

Hihi… In my case I have to show the user about 800 colors, as we are a silkmill for tiefabrics using 800 different colors of yarn for the weft. So I told the Purchasedepartment to enter the RGB-Values for each color that I’m able to calculate the referencecolor from. I helped myself with a textbox using Wingdings’ “l” in a Fontsize of something about 500. Now I see a big circle filled with the forecolor. Have a nice weekend! Peter