Certification : Dynamics 365 Business Central

Hi,

Do Microsoft shall start certification for Dynamics 365 Business Central soon?

Thank You,

Ranjith Surendran

Not sure if I understand your question. Are you asking if Microsoft is going to re-introduce the certification of Microsoft Partners as Developers and Consultants ?
(MB-700, MB-701 and MB-702)

If you take a look here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-list.aspx then you can se that there are no exams for Business Central.

However, over time Microsoft Partners has requested a re-introduction of the Certification Programme, and Microsoft are aware of these requests.
Currently there are no progress in this matter, so do not expect anything in 2019.

Yes, there is no progress.

It’s hard for the consultants who having the expertise in NAV / Business Central, since there is no certification from MS.

Looking forward and awaiting for BC Certrification!

The main problem is that the product is envolving to fast which means that the certifications has to be updated every month, and that is very expensive. I would rather ask microsoft to WRITE some training material instead of certifications and training videos.

But, some how there should be certification for NAV/BC for the recognition of the consultants expertise in the product.

Well, not necessary - if you just google a bit on MB-70X then you’ll se a LOT of sites selling the answers of the old exams. Meaning a lot of people that got certified simply purchased the answers instead of doing training.

Furthermore a very big part of the questions on a site like this one, would NEVER had been asked if they just took a training class or two on the topic that they are asking. And on a daily basis I see code that are scaringly wrongly written. I see this as a result of that Microsoft Partners (especially in some regions of the world) that they do not want to invest in their employees - and certifications will not change that, unfortunately.

Palle, is it obligatory to do training? You wrote like it is not possible to pass the exam without any training [emoticon:c4563cd7d5574777a71c318021cbbcc8]

Hi Red,

No, training is NOT obligatory. Neither should it be, why should you be forced to participate in training, if you know the stuff already.

The “problem” Microsoft is facing, is that one hand they know very well that certifications are not really worth much. But on the other hand, then how else can they “prove” that their partners and the their professionals know the product good enough to be able to implement it?

But training is important, very important. Especially when we have big technology changes as we have in these years. We going from C/Side to VSCode, C/AL to AL, onprem to cloud. I fully agree with Palle, that there are a lot of partners who simply does not invest in their employees continued education. And that’s the real problem!

HI Erik.

Thank you for answer and I ototally agree with 2 points:

• investment in their employees is real problem.

• it is hard to support Exams when we have changes from CU to CU [emoticon:c4563cd7d5574777a71c318021cbbcc8]

Thanks for answer again.