Cash Disbursement Journal

How do you run a cash disbursement journal for a particular frame of time? I need to run one from 1/1/01 to 8/31/01 either by month or in total. Can anyone help?

Hi There You will need to be a little more specific ie what are trying do, is this a report that you are after? As sometimes reports are called something different in one country version to the next. I am sure that it you gave a little more information someone will be able to help. _________________________ Wendy O’Connor - co moderator Attain/Financials - End User Questions NOLUG

Whether you can get what you want from the standard reports depends on what you want. To start with you might look at one of these from the G/L Reports (in US) “Bank Account - Check Details” or “Trial Banlance Detail/Summary”, choosing the appropriate accounts, transactions types and date range. If these don’t give you what you need, post again with more detail of what you’re looking for. Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner Edited by - daves on 2001 Sep 24 16:36:25

I have been asked this question in every other implementation, different countries and different packages. In a nut shell, this report tells you how you spend your cash, and most commonly requested by cash-based companies. In effect you need to match all credits to cash with the expense/COGS accounts debits. In Navision it requires a lot of small modifications to get it to work. First, you can take a “Trial balance detail/Summary” report and add a section underneath the details of G/L Entries. This section needs to show the details of either of the following: * Purchase invoice lines * Purchase credit memo lines * G/L Entries So, this modified report will show all payments made (Filtered on cash accounts), and the respective expense accounts hit by the invoices or credits. I would also include a summary of accounts being hit at the end of the report. This is not all though. The purhcase invoices and credit memos can be deleted in standard system, rendering this kind of modification useless. Normally, if you base any reports on the posted documents, it is also important to prevent users from deleting from these tables. You can either plug in an “ERROR” into the table trigger (if you are an NCS) or set “DeleteAllowed” property of the forms to “NO” if you are a customer and have the form designer. I hope I addressed the issue. If not, post more details of what you are after. Thanks, Alex