career in ERP

I am about to start carrier in ERP solution partner (Navision) to look after accounting aspects. I am from accounting background, ACCA part qualified. I have audit experience of two years. Although there are IT persons in the group, I don’t have any IT related qualification and work experience.

Although I have interest in this field, I am not sure on whether my background is suitable to start this carrier, as I don’t have programming knowledge.

If I start the job, I have to learn Navision myself (self study) and serve the clients. I would be grateful if someone advice me.

Keep in mind that what we now see in Dynamics NAV (Navision) as an ERP system, started life as an accounting package (PC Plus) and grew. Many of the more successfull people in Dynamics NAV world started life on the Accoutning Side, (mostly implementing Navision in the company that they worked in). So you really are coming into this from the right direction.

Another important thing to rememeber, is that Navision is NOT, and never was a Programing language. It is an ERP system with some developemnt tools. Coming from an accounting background you have the correct skills, so go for it.