Capturing Vendor ID from COA screen

When I use the Chart of Account screen to view the detail for a year for a particular COA, I need to copy and paste this information to aspreadsheet. However, I’m not able to capture the Vendor ID information. Instead, all the Description field shows is “Invoice AP0 000123” I have to navigate each line to find the vendor…There must be an easier way! Thanks for any help…

I am assuming you want to paste the information from G/L Entry with Vendor ID also paste into your spreadsheet. I do have similar case. What I did was creating a new field in G/L Entry with “Flow Field” data type and linked this new field to the table that consist the information that I want. Since there are several tables that storing the Vendor ID, then, you have see which table is apply for your case. If you think you can capture the Vendor ID from Value Entry table, that’s would be easier because you can use “Value Entry No” field in G/L Entry to link with Value Entry table. Hopes this help. ZEN

In this case it’s even easier - add the fields Source Type and Source No. to your form, these fields contain the customer, vendor, bank or fa number that caused this entry. Zen, your approach with a flowfield is a very good suggestion, and helps in a lot of cases to avoid data redundancy! Saludos Nils

I’ve tried your suggestion, but as I go into View, Show Column, I cannot find fields that say Source Type of Source No…so I checked every available field and viewed the result and I’m not getting the vendor name detail…Is there another way we could enter our payables to capture the vendor name easier? In this case it’s even easier - add the fields Source Type and Source No. to your form, these fields contain the customer, vendor, bank or fa number that caused this entry. Zen, your approach with a flowfield is a very good suggestion, and helps in a lot of cases to avoid data redundancy! Saludos Nils
Originally posted by nilsm - 2006 Mar 23 : 19:53:49

[/quote]

If you need the name then you can either setup a flowfield, that gets this field from the vendor card, or you can add a text field to the G/L Entries form, add code in the OnAfterGetRecord trigger of the form to get the vendor, and include all the necessary fields in this form (use Vendor.Name in the SourceExpr property of the field). Saludos Nils