Can't access database options

Hi, could, please, anybody help me with this problem? I have a PC with windows XP and both NA 3.60 and 3.70 clients installed. If I open any 3.60 database, either local and on server, and try to access database options (Tools → Options), I get the follwing message: “Errors in text convertion (text no. 2097-153 does not exist in .stx file) Internal error: 47-1” Everything else works fine. What might it be? Thanks Anna

You probably have the wrong stx-file. I think its the User Portal Socket Port that’s missing in Your stx.

There is a file fin.stx located in Client and Client\ENU directories of your Navision installations. Your error could be because of different versions of this file in mentioned directories. For instance it could be if you mixed up W1 and Italian versions. Try to copy fin.stx from one directory to another (i.e. to make sure that file version is the same in both directories). Fin.stx is different for 3.60 and 3.70 versions (in 3.70 they finally handle double-byte character sets) - so do not mix files from different versions. Hope it helps.

Hi, We had a problem like that when we loaded the latest 3.60 fin.exe from hotfix 30 (fin.exe dated 04/12/03). When we loaded back the previous fin.exe (dated 26/07/2002) all was okay. There are several versions of stx files within the hotfixes but the hotfix documentation isn’t always clear on what you should and when. Another thread on here recently suggested that you have to use the same stx file that would have been used when creating the database. If that’s true then I’m unsure of the implications when loading different versions of files from the hotfixes.

quote:

Originally posted by Andrei
There is a file fin.stx located in Client and Client\ENU directories of your Navision installations. Your error could be because of different versions of this file in mentioned directories. For instance it could be if you mixed up W1 and Italian versions. Try to copy fin.stx from one directory to another (i.e. to make sure that file version is the same in both directories). Fin.stx is different for 3.60 and 3.70 versions (in 3.70 they finally handle double-byte character sets) - so do not mix files from different versions. Hope it helps.

I already tried to copy the .stx file from an other computer with a similar configuration (but running Windows 2000 Server). I copied from C:\Programs\Navision Attain\Client to the same path in the other machine, but to no avail. [:0] Anna

What happened to my previous post? [?] I already tried to copy the .stx file from an other computer with a similar configuration (but running Windows 2000 Server). I copied from C:\Programs\Navision Attain\Client to the same path in the other machine, but to no avail. [:0] Anna

Hi I got it! fin.stx was missing in the ITA subfolder! A wonder that everything else worked! [:D] Thank you, guys. Anna