Cannot create a record in Global address book (DirPartyTable). Party ID: 000XXXX, XX The record already exists.

Hi ,

I have a problem in ax 2012 when creating new vendor or customer and got this error :

Cannot create a record in Global address book (DirPartyTable). Party ID: 000XXXX, XX The record already exists.

i already check the sequence number and changed the next number, but it still got the same error.

If there any solution for this problem?

Thanks…

Seems there is already the same number used and available in address book. Go to dirpartytable and find the latest number. Then go to your number sequence change the next number to “latest+1”.

click the List button in Number sequences form and remove any records exist in the form.

Thanks for the reply…

I already changed the next number with the latest + 1 but it still got the same error.

sorry but i don’t get it about this step : “remove any records exist in the form.” , what list record should i remove ?

would you mind describe more about this step?

Hi Santosh,

Would you mind describe more detail. We face a serious problem.

Fyi : We use Ax 2012 R2.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rudy

In numbersequences form, you will see a button “status list”, click the button and if you see any records in that form then delete them and try creating vendor/customer now.

If you still face the problem, pls get tech help.

That status list is already clear, but still got the same error.

Thanks anyways Santosh.

Hi Heroniko,

Visit DirPerson table and DirPartyTable table. Check the column PartyId in both tables. Find the largest partyid in both tables. I believe there must be a mistmatch.
solution: If there is a mismatch, copy the last partyid (largest in both tables and lets this is ‘x’). Visit Number sequence form and visit party record and update next party id value to ‘x’+1. This should solve your issue as this solved mine (If the reasons are same)

Hi atamjeetbhatia_Ax :

I just don’t know where to find party record, can you tell me more detail about this step “ Visit Number sequence form and visit party record and update next party id value to ‘x’+1.”?

Thanks a lot!!

Go to , Organization administration/Common/Number sequences/Number sequences
Select, Area = Address book and Reference = Party ID, then you should be able to see the number sequence related to party id.

Thank you!
I have solved this problem!!!so happy!!