Can Navision be used for Retail stores(Navision not LS Retail)?

Hi,

I have query here, we are a distributor of the IT products and currently using Navision 2009 SP1 for our business.We have opened 4 Electronic Retail stores in a City. I just wanted to know, can we use Navision for our retail stores too.There are around 350 Sales Transaction per month per store which will increase by 7-10% on month on month basis. Our plan is to use the Navision for another 1 to 2 years and once transactions and number of stores increase then we can go for the some Retail Solutions.

What you think is this solution feasible or we should go for some Retail solutions?

Regards

Sameer Virmani

Hi,

If you want to manage only only billing part in your stores then you can use the Standard NAV for billing as you have only 350 bills per month. You may create a single customer and book the entire sales for that customer. also you may use the payment method code to post the payment along with the invoice.

If you want to use the retail specific features like POS, Instore management, Replenishment, multi level discounts, barcode, loyalty programs etc. then it is better to go for a retail solution like LS retail.

Also LS retail supports distributed architecture. Where as Standard NAV has centralized architecture.

Thank you for your reply,I will get back to you with further details.

appreciated