calender problem

hi all,

I am using NAV 3.7 in Saudi arabia. In saudi arabia , the first day of the week is Saturday instead of Monday. Is there any possibilty to change it? Coz many places in Navision, the weekly calculations are shown the day starting from monday till saturday.

Please help

thanks

Could you give an example of where that is the case, so I can investigate it further please?

Yes, you just change the Base Calendar definition of working days.

(Under Administration - Applications Setup - General - Base Calendar)

Example is General Ledger-Analysis By Dimension.

Mr. Larsen , from where i can access Administration? Please tell me thanks. So from there can i change first day of working day would be Saturday instead of Monday.

Unfortunately this is not possible. The start of the week is “hard coded” in the STX file

(00046-00003-100-1: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday ),

and it would be a huge job to change it, since a lot of functionality is based on this.

Of course in Denmark, Monday is the first day of the week, and thus they don’t see it as a problem (I asked that question a long time ago). Australia and the UK for Example start the week on Sunday. (though they have gotten so used to the Monday start, that many people just think this is correct).

To resolve this, the best solution, would be to grab a copy of the GB database, and look at how they implement Accounting Periods and Dates. this is a great solution to the issue.

In most cases you don’t even see this as an issue, since most companies don’t differentiat between saturday and Sunday.

Ofcourse modifying the .stx gives you a checksum error :frowning:

It may be me, but i dont see a lot of places where changing the virtual calendar to starting with saturday would be a problem. On analisys by dims, it is just a filter on the underlying date when inserted, so that should work regardless.

But in analysis by dimension, if you filter weekly, the first date at matrix header will be monday. Is it possbile to make it Saturday? If yes, then how?

Its not, sadly.

As I said, get a hold of the GB database, and see how they did it there.