Calculating carriage to charge on an order

Is anyone aware of a neat way to automatically calculate and apply a carriage charge to attach to a sales order, based on the cumulative weight of the items on it? For example, order weight up to 1Kg costs £2.50, 1-2KG is £4.50 etc. As far as I can see there isn’t, as there is nowhere to attach a weight per unit of sale to an item. My alternative is to attach a weight field to the item card, and amend the invoice posting codeunit to calculate the cost and add an item line to the invoice. Thanks in anticipation

quote:

My alternative is to attach a weight field to the item card, and amend the invoice posting codeunit to calculate the cost and add an item line to the invoice.

Check field 41, Gross Weight and field 42, Net Weight in the Item table. You may need to add these fields to your item card. The value in these fields are carried to the sales line, but the sales line reports the weight for one unit of the item. However it is interesting that the sales statistics for the order shows the total weight for the order. You should be able to use these fields as a base to build your modification.

Thanks Scott. Schoolboy error. Checked the form but forgot to look at the table. I’ll get somewhere with these