Calculate standard cost using Kit Bom

Hi all!

I am not able to have a cost when running my cal. stadard cost for an item whicn has costing method = standard.

All my components ( resources only) have unit cost.

What am i missing???

thanks

Resources do not have a standard cost, there would be an argument in a kit to bringing them in in this manner anyway. I would guess the routine for assembly BOM’s only looks at items, and if it did look at resources how do you define a resources costing method or the standard cost. It is not in the system and therefore I would guess the routine ignores resources as it cannot define a “standard”.

which version are you using?

In the 5.0 italian version (we don’t have kitting) the Calc. Standard Cost of the Assembly List does include the Unit Cost of resources included in the BOM (even when costing method is not Standard).

That is interesting - so the calcualtion of the standard cost of the parent uses the unit cost of the resource. Do you know if this is a localisation?

I don’t know (now I don’t have a w1 version to take a look), well the codeunit 5812 is localized to use subcontractor pricelist in manufacturing standard cost calculation, I don’t know if also assembly standard cost calculation is localized. Here is the code in cu 5812:

CalcAssemblyItem(ItemNo : Code[20];VAR Item : Record Item;Level : Integer)
IF Level > MaxLevel THEN
ERROR(Text000,MaxLevel);

IF GetItem(ItemNo,Item) THEN
EXIT;

IF NOT CalcMultiLevel AND (Level <> 0) THEN
EXIT;

BOMComp.SETRANGE(“Parent Item No.”,ItemNo);
BOMComp.SETFILTER(Type,’<>%1’,BOMComp.Type::" ");
IF BOMComp.FIND(’-’) THEN BEGIN
REPEAT
CASE BOMComp.Type OF
BOMComp.Type::Item:
BEGIN
CalcAssemblyItem(BOMComp.“No.”,CompItem,Level + 1);
UnitCost :=
UnitCost +
BOMComp.“Quantity per” *
UOMMgt.GetQtyPerUnitOfMeasure(CompItem,BOMComp.“Unit of Measure Code”) *
CompItem.“Unit Cost”;
END;
BOMComp.Type::Resource:
BEGIN
ResCost.INIT;
ResCost.Code := BOMComp.“No.”;
ResCost.“Work Type Code” := ‘’;
ResFindUnitCost.RUN(ResCost);
UnitCost := UnitCost + BOMComp.“Quantity per” * ResCost.“Unit Cost”;
END;
END;
UNTIL BOMComp.NEXT = 0;

Item.“Standard Cost” :=
CostCalcMgt.CalcUnitCost(
UnitCost,Item.“Indirect Cost %”,Item.“Overhead Rate”,GLSetup.“Unit-Amount Rounding Precision”);
IF Item.“Costing Method” = Item.“Costing Method”::Standard THEN
Item.“Unit Cost” := Item.“Standard Cost”;
Item.“Last Unit Cost Calc. Date” := CalculationDate;

TempItem := Item;
TempItem.INSERT;
END;

I have checked In NAV 5.0 and unit cost of resource is used in calculation of Std. Cost.

So presumably taty is on 4?

Interesting you can roll up as standard cost where a resource does not have one! [:D] I would have liked to have seen a standard cost against a resource in this process for better control.

Thanks for all reply.

Yes "unit cost " is used in the standard cost calculation in version5 and I am using V5. However, I have another concern with that. One type of cost that make my standard cost is “Main supplier first cost” . So for each item that i buy from a particular supplier, i have the purchase price and that price is rarely change so i want to take account of that purchase price. Any idea on how I can include that cost on my cost calculation?

Thanks

You would need to modify the standard cost routine if you want it to reference other costs.

Hi!

Even when I inclueded dome items on my kit bom, i am still not able to calculate my standard cost when running the “calc std cost” on my routine.

Thanks

Any error message?

How do you know it is not calculating?

Which routine are you running, the one under assembly list on the item card I presume?

hi adam,

yes i am running this routine kitting/Calc. standard cost. I have no error message but calculation is not working still has 0.

And your components have a defined stadnard cost?

Any modifications here?

On my kit Bom, only types i have put are “resources” with unit cost so I want the standard cost calculation use that cost.

Thanks