C/ODBC with .NET

I am trying to access a NF 2.0 Db with C/ODBC in .NET (ASP.NET). I have managed to make a ODBC.NET Connection but when i try to do a “select” statement i get an error: This function is not supported by the driver (translated from spanish :wink: ) I need to get this to work, that way or another. Thanks a lot.

I have not used ODBC functions directly(without ADO), but there are many unsupported functions in ODBC. You are suppose to call a specific function in ODBC to check for the driver capability before calling certain functions. Also, table names are case sensitive, I am not sure about field names.

Two more suggestions: 1 - Check the PDF manual in the product CD for C/ODBC driver conformance level, or search this newsgroup. 2 - Enable SQL logging in Control Panel–>Administrative Tools–>Data Sources (ODBC)–>Tracing. This will create a file called C:\sql.log that contains function calls and their return values, including any executed SQL statements. Try using a simple VB application using ADO Control and DataGrid or MS Access and see how it’s done. You will see a lot of function calls.

I have used a “backdoor” to make it work. I have used old ADO functions in .NET to access via C/ODBC and it works. Now i need to try inserting data. I couldn’t try tracing. I press “Start Trace” button before running my application, and “Stop Trace” after finishing, but there is nothing written. Thanks

Not being able to trace could be a permission issue. In Windows NT, EVERYONE is giving a full access to the C: drive by default. Part of EVERYONE is the SYSTEM account. When someone restrict EVERONE account or remove it to increase security, the SYSTEM account is effected as well. So if you removed EVERYONE account or changed it, add the SYSTEM account with full access rights to the C: drive. See here for details: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;259151

Another cuestion. Now I access navision via ADO and C/Odbc but i have a problem with Decimal fields. I get a “3.45” data as “3450000” in the recordset. I don’t know why this works like this. My “regional settings” seems to be ok: “.” for decimal places.

quote:

Originally posted by pabloesp
I am trying to access a NF 2.0 Db with C/ODBC in .NET (ASP.NET). I have managed to make a ODBC.NET Connection but when i try to do a “select” statement i get an error: This function is not supported by the driver (translated from spanish :wink: )

I’ve the same problem, how do you solved the problem? Regards, Hans