C/ODBC & C/front

Hi, Can anyone tell me what is advantage of C/ODBC over C/front? and visa versa.

Moved from Announcement forum to “Navision Integration Forum”.

They really are two didderent technologies, its not a good compare. odbs is generally simpler to setup and get running, but is not as stable (from the Navision point of view). c/front ties directlyinto the navision database, and is more stable, and much faster, but it requires C++ programming. more to the point, what do you want to do, maybe then we can help you decide

quote:

Originally posted by David Singleton
They really are two didderent technologies, its not a good compare. odbs is generally simpler to setup and get running, but is not as stable (from the Navision point of view). c/front ties directlyinto the navision database, and is more stable, and much faster, but it requires C++ programming. more to the point, what do you want to do, maybe then we can help you decide

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I’m preparing for the Navision Developer exam. Some has told me that they asked the above mention question.

I would like to add some thing also 1. C/front is faster than C/ODBC 2. C/Front has more functionalities than C/ODBC