Buying Groups

Customer belongs to multiple buying groups with different discount levels. Automatic selection of the best final price is required. Has anybody implemented a modification to do this?

Hi, From my point of view if custumer belongs to multiple groups it means you have bad groupping. What do you mean “the best price”? For customer it is minimal price, for company and salesperson it is maximal. I think you should have something like Matrix of Customer and Item groups and some kind of discounts. Valentin Gvozdev BMI Inc.

Valentin, Best price for customer based on discounts offered to various buying groups that particular customer belongs to. It is possible that particular group of items purchased will have a better price when ordered through one group rather than the other.

Maybe it was worth taking a look at the contract pricing module available in Navision Advanced Distribution. It offers you at least some of the requested features, and could be modified to fit your exact needs. Soren Nielsen, moderator Integration/Developer NOLUG

Is it correct that this module is available for the US and Australian version?? Regards Janus

quote:

Originally posted by SNielsen: Maybe it was worth taking a look at the contract pricing module available in Navision Advanced Distribution. It offers you at least some of the requested features, and could be modified to fit your exact needs. Soren NielsenIntegrationDeveloper, moderator / NOLUG

We run AD in Australia an you can forget Contracts, it does not address this problem. AD Contracts module has serious limitations such as - if an item appears in two or more contracts that are valid then the standard price from the Item card will be used ignoring ALL contract prices. Another Australian user has spent a small fortune re-writing this area of AD and after a year is getting close.

Zoran, This is a extensive mod. My experience with the subject is limited, this is what I know needs to be done: Create tables for buying groups, combinations of items. I have seen the setup with validity dates, i.e. a group has to accumulate certain quantity to move to the next discount bracket. You have to make sure that the buying group code is posted through from sales orders to inventory, and create flowfields to calculate buying group performance. My 2 c, hope it helps. Alex

I’ve just made something similar using the contracts mod on AD where the price is given by choosing the best customer price (the lowest one) for the item from the customer contracts. It’s just modifying a bit table 37 (Sales Line) and codeunit 99002560 (Contract price)(it seems to work fine…). Regards, Alfonso Pertierra (Spain)apertierra@teleline.es