Business Notifications In 5.0

I am setting up a test environment to demonstrate Business Notifications in Dynamics NAV 5.0. Everything is running on the one machine. I am using Windows Server 2003, and SQL 2005. The NAV database is also on SQL. Everything appears to have installed successfully, and all the appropriate services seem to be running - nothing in the event log to indicate any problems.

The problem I am having is that I am unable to connect from the Business Notification Manager, either from the client or directly on the server. I am getting the error "The program cannot connect to the server xxxxx. The server might be running under an account which is no longer valid or the Web configuration file might be corrupt. Please contact your system administrator’

The BN Services are running as an administrator account, which has permissions to the business notification databases.

THe major problem that I have is that there is very, very little documentation from Microsoft on this functionality. Any suggestions as to what I could be doing wrong?

Is there really nobody “out there” who are using Business Notifications?

It would appear that there isn’t :frowning:

Anyway, I got to the bottom of my issue. There is a Transaction timeout value in the web configuration file. Increasing this value appears to have helped overcome the problem and I can setup and send the notifications without any problems.

Hey Ian,

welcome to The Dynamics User Group [<:o)]

What are you up to these days? (PS I guess a reply to that really belongs int eh Introductions forum).