Business Central Docker Container Gone After Restart Host

Hi Everybody,

I’m using docker container to do business central development and i’m using an Azure VM Win10 Pro as Host with Docker installed.

The problem is the container sometimes gone when the machine was turned off. Anyone having the same issue?

FYI I use auto shutdown on the VM, could that be have something to do with it?

Additional information:

So basically i did this: docs.microsoft.com/…/devenv-get-started-container-sandbox

on an Azure VM running on Windows 10.

The problem is sometimes after rebooting the VM, the container is gone so i had to recreate the container (all the steps done is based on the article above).

Regards,

Riksa

Hello

it is pretty hard to help you… You provide absolutely no information about your setup…

Hi Palle,

Thanks for replying.

So basically i did this: docs.microsoft.com/…/devenv-get-started-container-sandbox

on an Azure VM running on Windows 10.

The problem is sometimes after rebooting the VM, the container is gone so i had to recreate the container (all the steps done is based on the article above).

Hope that could help you understand.

Really appreciate it.

But whare are your docker parameters???

A Docker image/Container just don’t drop the content. So it is related to your startup parameters.

What do you mean by GONE? Like when you use DOCKER PS, then the list is empty?

I quite often experience, that my containers are unhealthy after a reboot. But I don’t really care so much. I just rerun the PowerShell scripts to recreate the container. I use an external (not the one in the container) SQL server, so data loss is not an issue.

I have also experienced that Docker somehow wasn’t running, so that I had to Start-Service Docker, before I could use “docker ps”.

I’m really new to docker, can you tell me how to get docker parameters?

Yes, the list is empty.

Could it be something to do with my Host is being on Azure?

Fortunately the image is still there so i still can recreate the container based on the image and it only took 20+ mins.

Well you can’t.

How did you start your NAV-container?

Generally if you are not 100% sure what you are doing when using docker - then if you do development you have to export everything out of the container before you do a shutdown.

Docker is NOT a beginners tool if you ask me.

If you not yet have digged deeply into docker - then take a look at

blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/…/

Sometimes a service does not start because it is dependant of another service. I have also myself seen that docker didn’t start and I also had to do a start-serivce docker.

In my case it happens when the ip-address is not correct or DNS does not work (I use google 8.8.8.8/ 8.8.4.4)

How did you exacly create Azure Image?

I would actually not run my docker images on a Windows 10 but only on a Windows Server OS. For several reasons:

1. Docker was mainly made for Servers

2. Memory Usage is way less in Windows Server

3. No changes of docker / Dynamics 365BC startup parameters. ( --Memory parameter)

Thank you for your responses, now i’ve managed to create it in windows server following steps provided from following menu: