Bug not Resolved after Hotfix Installation

Hi Friends,

I am facing issue after installing Hotfix in AX 2012.

AX 2012 had a bug in which financial dimensions weren’t updating to miscellaneous charge account even though the dimensions were present. MS released Hotfix for this (KB2713951).

I installed hotfix, re-compiled the application and when i posted transaction, the same error re-appeared. I tried again with re-starting AOS service and later Re-compilation but issues didn’t resolved.

I checked the installed model section on the help file and there i can see the KB article updated.

I checked the application version, the Kernel version is 6.0.947.862 and Application and solution version is 6.1.1108.670. In the installed model section, the version of hotfix is showing as 6.1.1108.848.

Is the issue because of version mismatch. Please share your ideas.

Thanks,

Pranav

Have you generated the incremental CIL?

Hi Kranthi,

Thanks for reply. I generated the incremental CIL, restarted the service and checked again. The issue still persists.

Pranav…

I think you need KB2675507 as well, first install this KB on this install KB2713951.

Hi Kranthi,

This KB article is included in CU 3 and our environment is already CU 3 updated. Do i need to install this separately.

Thanks,

Pranav

Hi Friends,

Has anyone faced this issue before?

Thanks,
Pranav…

Were you able to see the changes in SYP in the below methods?

\Classes\AccJourRulePurchaseOfProductCharge\getJournalAccountEntryLedgerDimension

\Classes\AccJourRulePurchaseOfProductCharge\parmDimensionValuesUsedForSummaryAccount

Hi Kranthi,

Thanks for helping here. We saw the changes but still the issue was not resolved. Finally we raised ticket to MS and we got the solution.

As per hotfix design, the miscellaneous charge will inherit financial dimensions from Purchase expenditure for product account. In our case, purchase expenditure for expense account was not attached to any dimension but miscellaneous charge account was attached to two financial dimensions.

When amount was getting distributed, the miscellaneous charge account was suppose to inherit dimension which were blank and hence we were getting error.

So the solution is that the purchase expenditure for product account must have financial dimensions in line to miscellaneous charges or we can say vice versa of this statement. We suggested this as design flaw to MS as we were expecting dimensions to be updated independentally.

Friends, consider this point while configuring account structure.

Thanks,

Pranav…

Hi Pranav ,

I did not understand the above statement.

Even we configured the Account structure and assign to COA , after this process also do we need to assign the dimension values to main account directly .

Am i right ?