Brazilian and US Company in the Same Database

Is it possible to manage in the same database (Navision Financials 2.60) One company which is US based (Miami) and the other one which is Based in Brazil (Sao Polo) My main concerns are mainly on the accounting side … In terms of localization, is there a BIG difference between a Standard US Version and a Standard Brazilian Version ? If you’ve got a client or you’re a end user sharing the same Navision Database for a US based an Brazilian based company, let me know … Cheers, Tarek

Hi Tarek, Well as per my experience it is difficult to have both companies in the same database for the following reasons 1. The Brazilian Localisation is entirely different to the US Localisation. Having done a project in Sao Paolo couple of years back and built the Brazilian localisation (took us more than 6 months)…I would say the localisation in Brazil is completely different and complex. 2. The Accounting in Brazil is also quite different from the US practices. We had to do a lot of customisations especially on the Foreign Currency handling in order to suit the accounting practices for Brazil. 3. Most of the Brazilians do not use English in the daily operations (unless your client is a MNC)…and may require Portuguese interface. Ofcourse if you are using Attain you can handle this with the language packs (not sure if the same was available in 2.60)… Cheers…