Bonus Item

I face a problem at the moment, if I want to give some bonus ( item bonus ) to the item that I sell to the customer, how I manage this kind of transaction in Navision Financial ? Should I used the BOM feature to record the bonus that I give to the customer when I sell some kind of item ? Thanks for the kindness help Best Regards, Agatha

In order to give bonus items you will have to post a negative adjustment in the item journals for these items with the bonus quantity with the suitable description. This will not only reduce inventory but also change the inventory balance in the General Ledger. I am not sure how will BOM feature help you achieve your objective??? Rohith Kamath Senior Consultant The Naviworld Group

Hi, the esiest solution is just add additional line with 0 price in the Sales order (invoice). Valentin Gvozdev BMI Inc.

If you do this then the item ledger entries will carry the entry type as sales for this bonus item…and consequently all reports extracted from item ledger entries will show it as sales…whereas technically it is not sales but an adjustment…(ofcourse it is debatable on a case to case basis ) Rohith Kamath Senior Consultant The Naviworld Group

We do “bonus” items as well-for ease of our cust. service dept we use BOM and at the time of order entry we 100 line discount those “bonus” items on the order. This way it shows up in our discounts g/l acct and reduces the inventory all at the same time.

Kathy I therefore presume that when you sell the item with the bonus attached you explode the BOM so all items are seen as individual items on the documentation. Do you therefore use a different BOM for the same item when you sell it without the bonus item? Steve

quote:

Originally posted by SBWEAVER: Steven, Yes we do have a different code when selling that item without the “bonus item”. The bonus items are tied to different catalogs by a code preface such as SP (for spring) so basically we have a basic code which is used as a line item within the BOM and this is also used for purchasing. When entering a sales order we attach the preface of the corresponding catalog before the basic code. This allows us to sell the same item with multiple “bonus items”. Kathy Bunk Kathy I therefore presume that when you sell the item with the bonus attached you explode the BOM so all items are seen as individual items on the documentation. Do you therefore use a different BOM for the same item when you sell it without the bonus item? Steve