BOM Configuration

Good Day All,

I Have Query as Below.

1. with BOM Configuration, How can I make Sales Order with BOM Configration Applied at First Level not at Zero Level.

Example.

Desktop Computer ----Level 0 -----Item Type - BOM

Cabinet ------Level 1----Item Type - BOM : Here, Configuration Assinged are " RED " and " BLACK " Color.

Monitor-------Level 1----Item Type - Item

Printer--------Level 1----Item Type - Item

Speaker-----Level 1----Item Type - Item

Mother Board —Level 2 - Under Cabinet BOM - Item Type - Item

Hard Disk-------- Level 2 - Under Cabinet BOM - Item Type - Item

DVD Drive -------Level 2 - Under Cabinet BOM - Item Type - Item

Now I want to make Sales Order on " Desktop Computer " and I want to Select “Black” or " Red " Color in Sales Order For " Cabinet " . How to achieve this Operation ?

Please Advise.

Thanks in Advance…

You can also send the answer to niravmody@hotmail.com

Nirav Mody

One way is,

Enable configuration for Desktop Computer (Main BOM)

give values for configuration as,

1. RedCabinet.

2. BlackCabinet.

Create two BOM versions with two different configurations.

BOM version1 - Red Cabinet Desktop , configuration - RedCabinet.

lines

Cabinet ------Level 1----Item Type - BOM : Here, Configuration Assigned is " RED "

BOM version2 - Black Cabinet Desktop, configuration - BlackCabinet.

lines

Cabinet ------Level 1----Item Type - BOM : Here, Configuration Assigned is " Black"

now create a sales order which ever color you want by selecting the configuration…

Thanks Kranthi…

Sorry I forgot to Mentioned But I Dont Want to Create BOM Versions. But You have Given me the Logic to Deal with the Scenarios Raised.

I think , I can Deal with this Issue Now.

Thanks Again…

Nirav Mody

Hey Guys,

Tested it …But not Working …

Though it is posible to Configure it for Diffrent Site, But Hanged When have to create Two Configuration For the Same Site at Level 1 of BOM…

Anybody has a Clue regarding the Quesition.

I dont want to Create Two BOMs For the Merely Same Item.I want to Utilise BOM Configuration.

Thanks,

Nirav Mody

You have your configuration BLACK or RED.

On the BOM you list ALL possible items used, you then assign them on the BOM line to BOM Configuration Groups.

On the Item Setup under configurations you list the specific items for each configuration group.

Common items are left blank.

Thanks for Suggestion,

But Unfortunately, I didnt Get You, Can You Please Elaborate Further ?

I hope you have Undertood my Query…When I Make Sales Order it shoule Get Configuration for LEVEL 1 not LEVEL 0…at Level 0…it is easy to obtain but how about at Level 1? Please Refer Question on Top.

Thanks You…

Yes I understood the question - what part of the answer do you not understand? There are only two elements for this, it is like having all the BOM version components within the same BOM and the BOM is then configured based upon the dimension set on the sales order/production order - a flexed BOM if you like. You cabinet BOM has to be created multiple times for each configuration to enable the system to understand the level 2, but this is not per site, you can configure it without this as well.

Hi NIrav,

What adam says is make use of Configuration group in Bom Lines with out creating 2 BOM versions.

create a configuration group - attach the it to the BOM line- in your case it is Cabinet.

Click on Configuration → Include in configurations.

now define the configurations. like

Desktop - Red Cabinet (configuration of main BOM) - Selected (check this) - REd(configuration of SUB BOM)

create one more line BLACK.

now try by creating sales order.

Thanks Adam it works…

No problem Kranthi, it is a pleasure to work with you [:D]

Thanks Adam. And its a great pleasure to work with you…

Guys, Thanks a Ton …

It Seems working but Still I have not Gone in Deep…

But From Bird’s Eye View It is Working…Many Thanks Again…

Nirav Mody

Hello…

For While My Problem was Solve but the Solution I Feel was not Dynamics as You have Either of Choice not the Selection with configuration…

Ex. If I Configure the Black Color with Red of Cabinet and Whilte with Other Color of cabinet then it will Work good…But if i want to Configure Black color with Other Color of Cabinet also then how will it be get done.

Hope you Get what i Meant Here.

“Including Configuration” is Good Thought But it works when You have Either of condition.

With that requirement you need to use Product Builder and build the full rule set. The congifuration and configuration BOM allows you to align the dimension to the BOM, if you need more that is the point of Product Builder where you build questions and rule sets.

Thank You Adam…

I am Aware of the Product Builder but i want to just test How far we can go with Axapta in Configuration without product Builder.

But Also I Was trying to get the use of " Configuration Rule and Configuration Route ".Does Anyone Have Detail Idea How it Works ? If Yes then Please Elaborate in Depth.

I suggest you read the manual on this. The rules and routes define relationships - items not in groups, related items (incliude/exclude). The route defines the configuration group order. I do not believe this assists in an AND/OR/IF scenario to the level you require it, but what you need to do is read the manual and apply it to your requirements to understand the limitations.

I would also suggest when you have a new question rather than a request for in depth training, that you create a new post to enable others to read it.

I see lot of discussion here… Still i want to understand whether there is any solution in order to hold two lines of the same item with two different colors to be selected using configuration groups in the same version of the BOM

For ex:

BOM - Computer with configuration “B-Red”, “B-Silver”

Item - Cabinet with dimension color/configuration as “Red”, “Silver”

Item - Monitor with dimension color “Black”

Now using configuration group to choose the cabinet doesn’t really solve the problem as it is picking both cabinets. It chooses only when item name for cabinet is different such as cainet_Red, Cabinet_Silver

Sorry if i didin’t understand the solution provided by you in above replies… Please do the needful

That is because the setup of your item and/or BOM is incorrect.

On the configuration selection of the item have you defined the configuration group and the related item?

On the BOM have you listed the cabinet twice with a different configuration group for each tying to each line.

My BOM structure is as follows

BOM - computer with configuration “Red”, config group “choose cabinet” attached to cabinet with configuration “Red”, same way repeated for silver

same config group is used for each BOM line… do u still feel that different configuration group has to be attached for each line