BLOCK OVER PAYMENT IN PAYMENT JOURNALS

Dear All,

Is there any function where we can limit the user from paying the invoice more than what is the invoice amount?

Hi

Not sure what you mean. Are you trying to exclude an invoice from a payment run or stop a user from over paying an invoice?

Neil

Stop a user from over paying an invoice.

Hi

So is the user overpaying an invoice via applications with the payment journal process or by amending the amount to be paid on the payment journal after applying the invoices to be paid?

You cannot do the former on my local Nav 2009. Which version of Nav are you using?

Neil

I am using 2015. Either in the payment journal lines or by application entry. The payment should be equal or less than to the invoice amount, that’s it.

Hi

You cannot over apply an invoice amount as part of the payment journal creation process but you can amend the amount to be paid after assigning applications but before postings. Nav will treat this (any diff) as a payment on account.

Please see screen shots at this link:

http://www.dynamicsnavukhelp.co.uk/social/forum-screen-shot-links/

Neil

I would go for a small change in the software. It’s very simple to program an error if the user enters an amount < amount on the invoice