Block Customer from Shipping

Hi, This is on Navison SP1, we want to block the customer from shipping but still be able to take orders and invoice. When we select block =shipment on the customer card, it automatically blocks users from creating new sales order for this customer. Is there a way to only block a customer from shipping and still be able to take new orders? Thanks Trin

Hi, if you block shipments, you can no longer create orders for that customer, only invoices. If you want to be able to create orders, then you could modify Table 18 (Customer), Function CheckBlockedCustOnDocs. ((Blocked = Blocked::Ship) AND (DocType IN [DocType::Quote,DocType::Order,DocType::"Blanket Order"]) AND (NOT Transaction)) OR into ((Blocked = Blocked::Ship) AND (DocType IN [DocType::Quote,DocType::"Blanket Order"]) AND (NOT Transaction)) OR As long as the Customer is blocked for deliveries, you will not be able to post these.

The blocking function in NAvision is not all that great. It was originally meant to be jsut a way to completely deactivate a customer, and then they changed it from Boolean to an option. I feel much more comfortable adding a new field and starting from scratch. Basically use the changes that you suggest Danniel, but basing them on the new field. (if not blocked then … type of think). My main concern is that eventually Navision will get this sorted out, and upgrading will become a mess.

Daniel and David, thank you so much for your help!! I also found out if you comment out the Functioncalls like //Cust.CheckBlockedCustOnDocs(Cust,“Document Type”,FALSE,FALSE); for Sell-to Customer No. and Bill-to Customer No. on table 36, it will also work. Thanks again!

quote:

Daniel and David, thank you so much for your help!! I also found out if you comment out the Functioncalls like //Cust.CheckBlockedCustOnDocs(Cust,“Document Type”,FALSE,FALSE); for Sell-to Customer No. and Bill-to Customer No. on table 36, it will also work. Thanks again!
Originally posted by trin - 2006 Apr 28 : 15:35:48

We keep getting “Code Change” posting in the “End User Forum”, I don’t know if Trin is a developer, it does not say on Her profile, but most Customers are not, and posts like “Just change this bit of code, we will find a work around”, gives the impression that Navision Developers when they come up with a problem, just do a quick fix with no costs, the answer is fine, but there may be cost Implications later with, Upgrades, Change of Business Rules etc:, this fix may be fine for 2% of customer but not the other 98%. Just a thought, we might need to be aware of giving code advice to end users, who should be supported by a reseller, who won’t be to happy quoting for an upgrade, when there are changes done by the end user, this is not aimed at Trin, but people answering posts in this forum.

Hi Trin, yes, you can do that, but then the system will also let you create orders and invoices for customers, that are blocked. Don’t know, if that is what you want…

Hi David, definitely I agree with you 100% on this, and appologize. Just to explain why, trint is a developer, he has a very solid background in .NET, and ERP, and HE has been deeloping in Navision for about 3 years now, so when I saw this post, I just assumed it to be from a developers perspective. Of course now that I look back, I see that this was posted by trin, and not trint, a silly mistake on my part. [B)] So trin, as David says, this really is a job for a developer, its not an end user type solution. PS I am going to need to go back and look at other posts that I have replied where I thought you were trint.