Blank Order Form

Can somebody please tell me how I can get the system to do a ‘Insert New’ when the user goes to S&R Orders. Basically we want the system to : On Open Form do a Insert New and the user must be presented with a blank order form. Any advise will be appreciated. SouthAfrica

quote:

Originally posted by faizelt: Can somebody please tell me how I can get the system to do a ‘Insert New’ when the user goes to S&R Orders. Basically we want the system to : On Open Form do a Insert New and the user must be presented with a blank order form. Any advise will be appreciated. SouthAfrica

This sounds like you’re asking for trouble. Do NOT modify the Sales Order form unless you NEVER EVER for any reason are EVER going to want to open the order card just to look at existing orders. What you might want to do instead is create a button which the user can press on the sales subform which opens the sales order form and inserts a new record before letting the user modify the form. This could be done with a few lines of code— although even this approach is going to cause lots of null orders to be created by users who are trying to look at existing orders. Why do you NEED this mod, anyway? ------- Tim Horrigan horrigan@aol.com

This modification is a bad idea, not only for the reasons Timothy suggested but also because is severly violates the “standard Navision way.” For the long term benefit of the user, teach them to click on the Insert button or to push F3. That way, they now know how to handle every other form in Navision. If you have one form that works in a strange way, the user will be confused and the NSC will get demands for free service. Jim Hollcraft NCSD, NCSP, MCSE, CNE, MCP, MST aka Skater http://drilldot.com Unauthorized Navision News Edited by - Jim Hollcraft on 2001 Jun 15 16:27:12