Bill.com Integration

Just curious if anyone here is currently using the BC to Bill.com integration for A/P and how it’s going for you? We signed up and in implementation phase. Anything I need to know before we get started? I know there is always “gotchas” with integrations.

Hello,

I have read about it but have not actually used the integration from Bill.com. Not sure who wrote the integration between Bill.com and BC. I tried to find out if it was a NAV/BC Partner who has been around the NAV/BC space for awhile.

Keep everyone updated how it goes.
Thanks,
Steve

It’s great to hear that you’re exploring the BC to Bill.com integration for accounts payable. Integrations can bring significant efficiency and streamline processes, but it’s important to be aware of potential challenges and considerations.

Before getting started with the integration, here are a few things you may want to keep in mind:

1. Thoroughly review the integration documentation: Familiarize yourself with the documentation provided by both Business Central and Bill.com. Understanding the requirements, setup steps, and limitations of the integration will help you plan and execute the implementation smoothly.
  2. Assess data accuracy and cleanliness: Take the time to review and clean up your data in Business Central before integrating it with Bill.com. This includes ensuring vendor records, chart of accounts, and other relevant data are accurate and up to date. A clean data foundation will contribute to a more seamless integration process.
  3. Plan for mapping and customization: The integration typically involves mapping data fields between Business Central and Bill.com. Take the time to plan and configure the mappings according to your specific business needs. Additionally, consider any customizations or specific requirements you may have and communicate them with your implementation team.
  4. Test the integration thoroughly: Before fully deploying the integration, perform comprehensive testing to ensure the data flows accurately between Business Central and Bill.com. Test different scenarios, such as invoice creation, payment processing, and synchronization of data, to identify and address any potential issues early on.
  5. Stay updated on product updates and support: Both Business Central and Bill.com release updates and enhancements regularly. Stay informed about new features, bug fixes, and support resources to ensure you are leveraging the latest capabilities and addressing any issues promptly.
  6. Consider training and support: Depending on your team’s familiarity with the integration and the complexity of your processes, it may be beneficial to invest in training or seek assistance from consultants or support channels. This can help your team get up to speed quickly and make the most of the integration’s capabilities.

Remember, every integration has its unique considerations and challenges. It can be helpful to connect with other users or seek guidance from the Business Central and Bill.com communities or user groups to learn from their experiences and gather best practices.

Overall, with proper planning, testing, and ongoing support, the BC to Bill.com integration has the potential to streamline your accounts payable processes and improve efficiency. Good luck with your implementation, and I hope the integration brings significant benefits to your organization.